Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Perfect Fit Protein Review

As some of you may have seen I reviewed the Beach Babe DVD which was created by Tone It Up. Well today I will be reviewing their protein powder called Perfect Fit. So let's start off with the nutrition stats:
(Per 20g scoop)
70 Calories
0 Fat
0 Cholesterol
30mg Sodium
3g Carbohydrates
2g Dietary Fiber
15g Protein
3mg Iron

Ingrediants: organic sprouted whole grain brown rice protein, organic vanilla flavour, organic guar gum, organic stevia, sea salt.

On top of all that, Perfect Fit can boast being organic, vegan, non-GMO, kosher, raw, dairy free, lactose free, gluten free, wheat free, sugar free, and soy free. So basically, this would fit well into a "clean eating" lifestyle.

So what do I think?
 I like perfect fit, I really do! Well ya, it does taste like protein powder it's not nearly as potent as many of the other protein powders I've tried. It also has a good taste for baking, the flavour of the the protein hides itself even more. That is why I absolutely love it for Tone It Up's protein pancakes (or waffles) which you can easily find the recipe for on their website. I do wish it had a bit more protein in it since the calculator on the perfect fit website claims I need to be eating approximately 70g of protein daily, but I can live with this. A small peeve of mine with this product is that the powder often gets in the zipper for the resealable bag (mine also came with a small hole near the top, wasting some of the powder but oh well).

 As for price, the protein itself I'm fine with paying $45 for. The thing is I live in Canada which means shipping and taxes add about $32 to my order. This leaves me with a final price of $77.23, which I am not so okay paying for. The 50 serving bag I received was part of a Christmas gift but I would never splurge that much normally. However I just received an email saying that the Perfect Fit Canadian shipping center will be opening in a few weeks, hopefully meaning shipping prices will decrease. I've heard that Sun Warrior protein is very similar to Perfect Fit so I may try that in the future so I don't have to pay for shipping. So that's about it, I really like Perfect Fit protein but it's a bit of an inconvenience because of the country I live in. However if you live in the USA I highly encourage you to try it, and definitely check out Tone It Up if you haven't already!Hope you enjoyed, please tell me if there's anything else you would like me to review or experiment with.
-Helen

1 comment:

  1. If you flick the zipper on the resealable bags the powder will fall out and it is a bit easier to close. I received my first Perfect Fit bag this week and made a batch of waffles this afternoon. The first batch was a disaster. The second batch was edible.. YAY! I'm not liking the after taste it leaves. However, I ate just a plain waffle. So, I will be experimenting with flavors and add-ons. Let me know if you have any tips!

    ReplyDelete